As we find our new normal in a Covid age, it’s nice to see that Hollywood is going back to its roots with the return of the Oscars tonight. Billed as a hybrid of the traditional ceremony, normally held at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, this Oscars will be Covid friendly, with the ceremony taking place in multiple locations across Los Angeles and the globe.
How can we watch what is billed to be the most Ethnically and Culturally Inclusive Oscars ever, while still being glamourous, but safe? Check out these suggestions:
- Dress Up – Throw on your bling, then park your booty on your couch. Take off those jammies and throw on a bra. Who says you can’t look fab at home?
- Have a remote Oscar watching party – That’s what Zoom is for, friends! Resist the urge to gather with your friends and do it through Zoom instead. The best part of Oscar night is the commentary and what people are wearing, so Zoom it up and let the comments fly!
- Order In some Fab Food – Who said the Super Bowl is the only time for take-out? Support your local businesses and do take out or order in, and plan your own Oscar party menu.
- Watch it in the dark – with Earth Day, only a few days past let’s keep the conservation trend going and save energy while watching our favorite award show as audiences do – in a darkened theatre.
- Have fun! – Whether you choose to socially distance or glam it up with friends. Remember the Oscars only come once a year, so be safe, have fun and enjoy a true Bling event!